Error - "Attach a supported WD Drive"

Hi,

I find it very difficult to understand why WD don’t address this issues. Purchased My 4tb drive a 3 days ago and after installing and reinstalling I came across this thread. Relieved I now have an answer for my 3 days of frustration of trying to get the apps installed on the drive to find that they are not compatible with it. Surely there is a simple solution but WD seem to ignore there customers experience. Spending £130 on a product that does not achieve what it is advertised as is beyond belief considering the reputation of a vast and what I thought was reliable company. I don’t want to spend any more time on this product so I wait patiently and in hope that I will wake up to a brick and RMA it back to WD. Or, can someone from WD respond to the post and offer some way of returning the product. We’ll see

Hi Previous frustrated WD users. Looks like I’m another mislead/over expectant user. recently bought by new MCH Due and was having problems with Plex media server. Keep telling me my MCH was not set up for secure connections. So went to look at the utilities, downloaded and yes, like everyone else it can’t find the drive!