Error 29, System fan doesn't work

Hello,
I have a problem with notice Error 29, system fan doesn’t work. It will takes always, when I’m somewhere out of NAS and I can’t check if it works. Always when I check the NAS, it works. Do you have any idea what is that?

Thanks

Hi @skolaeast,

Please refer to the article My Cloud: Fan Not Working or Failure Alert Message:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/24618

Thanks for reply @Keerti_01… when I stream something for example, I have 44 °C and fan running

and really running. The error message on email will come everytime, when I am out of computer and NAS has to be in idle state.
So why i am getting this messageses if is everything ok?

Now I catch the situation, when E-mail come and i was near to NAS… Power LED is blinking RED, but on diagnostic I can see two screens

But I thing that fan is working.

Is the right time to use the complaint?Is the right time to use the complaint?

Hi @skolaeast,

For more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

I had the same error Code 0029 and daily email Alert: Fan Not Working. The diagnostics shows 0 fan speed but normal 42/44 deg C.

After a few to-and-fro of emails they suggested the following:

First, to clarify the fan is cooling the CPU of the system and not the drives, so the temperature of the drives is not relevant to the issue…

Make sure to follow all the steps on the article below including the factory reset of the system which will erase all files on the unit.
(Also make sure to back up your data before performing the factory rest)

My Cloud: Fan Not Working or Failure Alert Message
My Cloud: Fan Not Working or Failure Alert Message

If after all these steps the issue persists you can continue with replacing the unit by following the RMA instructions.

The email alerts continued after resetting the unit and sent it back under a RMA. Still waiting for replacement unit :roll_eyes: