Error 0x800700DF The file size exceeds the limit allowed

I am trying to download a file 9GB from an online backup drive and I receive the following error message: Error 0x800700DF: The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved.

What can i do?

1. Click  Start , click  Run , type regedit, and then click  OK.
  2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WebClient\Parameters

1. In the right pane, right-click the  FileSizeLimitInBytes  value, and then click  Modify.If you cannot see the  FileSizeLimitInBytes  value, right-click the blank space in the right pane, click  New , click  DWORD Value , type FileSizeLimitInBytes, and then click  OK.
  2. In the  Edit DWORD Value  box, click to select the  Decimal  option. In the box under  Value data , type a value that is larger than the size of the file that you want to download. Click  OK. Note  The default value for the file size limit is 50000000 bytes.
  3. Quit Registry Editor. Restart the computer.

What type of device are you trying to download to?

I want to add this link to show that large files can be downloaded using IE. Another article I read suggested using Firefox and Safari, download managers in the latest versions can be used.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2011/03/10/wininet-internet-explorer-file-download-and-upload-maximum-size-limits.aspx

Ribas1972 wrote:

I am trying to download a file 9GB from an online backup drive and I receive the following error message: Error 0x800700DF: The file size exceeds the limit allowed and cannot be saved.

What can i do?

Are you doing this via www.wd2go.com, or via the My Cloud Desktop app?  

If the former, then there’s nothing you can do.  

Microsoft has a limitation on WebDAV-based file transfers.   Even modifying the registry, you won’t be able to increase it beyond 4GB.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_xp/error-0x800700df-the-file-size-exceeds-the-limit/d208bba6-920c-4639-bd45-f345f462934f

Doing what Andreas recommends would actually change the limit to the default of 50,000,000 bytes (50 megabytes).

If you’re using the My Cloud Desktop app, I’m not sure if that limitation applies or not.

I’m trying download to ntfs hdd using wd2go.com

I had a world edition with firmware webacess and it was possible download large files.

But with official wd firmware via wd2go appear this error.

Can I change the value to 9GB with this fix program or 4GB is the limit?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900900/en-us

I guess you could try a larger limit, but other microsoft articles say 4GB is the limit.    Have you tried the My Cloud Desktop app?

Reply to: Ribas1972,

Is this one single file 9GB in size or can you open this file and other files are inside?

If it can be opened and other smaller files are inside you may have to download some of them. To do it that way I would create a folder by the same name as the large file/folder and download some of the smaller files to it until I had all of them.

Can I install mycloud app on another PC and another network?

The file is a unique file 9gb (movie).

Ribas1972 wrote:
Can I install mycloud app on another PC and another network?

Another network, yes.   But whether or not you can install it?  That’d be for you to tell us.

Ok, i’ll install it in another PC and will report it.

With wd my cloud app for PC, still doesnt work. Impossible to transfer. Gives the same error.

Can WD correct this issues?

I had a WD world edition 1TB with non OEM firmware for web server acess, and there was no problem.

Have you tried a drag and drop of the file onto your computer? You said it is a video, try drag and drop onto your My Videos folder in your libraries.

Ribas1972 wrote:

With wd my cloud app for PC, still doesnt work. Impossible to transfer. Gives the same error.

Can WD correct this issues?

I had a WD world edition 1TB with non OEM firmware for web server acess, and there was no problem. 

The My Book World used MioNet.  Totally different system.

I got the same message. With WD my cloud desktop app i can download big file over 5.5gb  but with windows explorer drag and drop to desktop i got this error message i edited registry but with the same resultt. Is it possible to fix it? I set FileSizeLimitItBytes in 10Gb thats : 1073741824bytes

OK i solved it :slight_smile:

Cool man. Would be useful to others to explain how, it may help someone else.

Enjoy it.