Endless Scanning

Hello WD, can you please, please send out another Firmware Update!!!

This time, fix this endless scanning of my drive.

Every time I want to use my drive, it starts scanning. It is as if it is just waiting for me to use the drive so it can annoy me.

Usually the drive is in sleep mode. As soon as I access the drive and copy data from/to, it starts scanning and renders the drive useless. You cannot use the drive while it is scanning.

Can you please fix this issue by delaying the scanning until after the drive has been idle for some time.

PLEASE!!!

Any idea how long it’s supposed to take to generate a system report?

I download a system report aka log from the dashboard and it took about 20 mins. It was a .rar file that was 16mb compressed. This is a problem because wd support email won’t accept files that big. I had to remove some components to get it small enough to send.

paulfe wrote:
I download a system report aka log from the dashboard and it took about 20 mins. It was a .rar file that was 16mb compressed. This is a problem because wd support email won’t accept files that big. I had to remove some components to get it small enough to send.

Only hopeless optimists believe that this will help.

No one at WD  will have the time to analyze such an amount of data.

But the purpose anyhow was to make you believe that something valuable is happening

:flushed: :confounded: :flushed: :confounded: :flushed: :confounded: :flushed: :confounded:

Well I’ve got nothing to lose by trying except a bit of time. Having said that, time is running out for WD. If this isn’t resolved soon I’ll never buy a WD product again and neither will anyone I know if I can help it.