Enable both wd media server n twonky?

i have my book live 3tb…i just know can i enable both wd dlna media server n twonky media server on my mbl boot?

or anyone know how to modified the script to make both media server run?

Hello,

Sorry but it is not possible with this unit, it has to be one of te other.

I got WD’s DLNA and TwonkyMedia 5.1.9 to work on my WD MyBookLive 2T on 02.42.03-027 : Core F/W

I needed my Samsung Blu-ray player to accept more type of Video files from my MBL on Twonky so I tried WD’s DLNA. It worked better. I can play mkv, wmv, and DVD VOB files. Plus there is a picture with each file.

However, my other devices (Mostly music) did not connect to the MBL with WD DLNA. So decided to try having both on after going to back Twonky then back to DLNA. If WDMediaServerPatch.deb and Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb worked for you then this should work:

1. Apply WDMediaServerPatch.deb if you have the TwonkyMedia server enabled.

2. Enable twonkymedia.sh script to be executed
    logon on as root and type:

chmod +x /usr/local/twonkymedia-5/twonkymedia.sh

3a. To start TwonkyMedia server type:

/usr/local/twonkymedia-5/twonkymedia.sh start

3b. To stop TwonkyMedia server type:

/usr/local/twonkymedia-5/twonkymedia.sh stop

Now you have two DLNA Media servers running. I have tested both running at the same time.

Notes:
Control WD’s DLNA through the UI dashboard: MBL_IP/UI Settings > Media
Control TwonkyMedia through the web page: MBL_IP:9000/config sharing

3 Likes

RickGTX, Excellent post!

RickGTX wrote:

I got WD’s DLNA and TwonkyMedia 5.1.9 to work on my WD MyBookLive 2T on 02.42.03-027 : Core F/W

I needed my Samsung Blu-ray player to accept more type of Video files from my MBL on Twonky so I tried WD’s DLNA. It worked better. I can play mkv, wmv, and DVD VOB files. Plus there is a picture with each file.

However, my other devices (Mostly music) did not connect to the MBL with WD DLNA. So decided to try having both on after going to back Twonky then back to DLNA. If WDMediaServerPatch.deb and Twonky5MediaServerPatch.deb worked for you then this should work:

1. Apply WDMediaServerPatch.deb if you have the TwonkyMedia server enabled.
  1. Enable twonkymedia.sh script to be executed
    logon on as root and type:

chmod +x /usr/local/twonkymedia-5/twonkymedia.sh

3a. To start TwonkyMedia server type:

/usr/local/twonkymedia-5/twonkymedia.sh start

3b. To stop TwonkyMedia server type:

/usr/local/twonkymedia-5/twonkymedia.sh stop

Now you have two DLNA Media servers running. I have tested both running at the same time.

Notes:
Control WD’s DLNA through the UI dashboard: MBL_IP/UI Settings > Media
Control TwonkyMedia through the web page: MBL_IP:9000/config sharing