Emailing a link to a file on my cloud

:confounded:Hello,

I emailed a friend a link to a file that he needed. When he received the email and clicked on the link he got a message saying the link couldn’t be found. Is there something i’m doing wrong? Any advice would help. Thanks

Are you able to open the file with the link when you’re mobile?

The one thing that I have done when e-mailing a link is to make sure the link is active and separated from the rest of the message. See image below.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

yes I can download the link on my  mobile device but when I am on a computer IE keeps giving me a message saying opps the link cannot be found

This is the message that I keep getting

Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to wdmycloud.device1390613.wd2go.com

Did you mean: wd2go.com

ctsmooth wrote:

This is the message that I keep getting

Oops! Internet Explorer could not connect to wdmycloud.device1390613.wd2go.com

Did you mean: wd2go.com

Well, *I* can reach it… so it seems to be working fine.  (You’re a comcast user in Florida?)

Chances are, you cannot use the links when you’re on your HOME network (becaue your router may not support NAT Redirection) but have you tried it when you are REMOTE?

Yes I am a comcast user in florida. I do not think I have tried it when I remote

Reply to: ctsmooth

How are you choosing the link to send? See images below.

First I click on the drop down menu and choose Email.

Second, my default email opens up with the link so I can email it. As I said in a prior post I separate the link and make sure it is active (blue). Then I send the email and you can also send yourself a copy.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)