Email share

Hi, perhaps I’m missing something but I’ve tried testing the email share function, and after clicking on the link generated by using the “email” option, in both Chrome and Safari I am unable to access the folder I’m trying to share, even in the pre-designated public share folder. 

Chrome just says it can’t connect, Safari tells me the server where the page is located isn’t responding.

I’m not able to physically connect to the drive, as it’s in a different location.

As a photographer, I’m looking to be able to use My Cloud to both share images with clients and at the same time, create a backup. Is this possible?

Any clues as to what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks inadvance.

Sam

have you set

1. the user access right to the folder that you want to share ?

2. password for the user ?

after the user received your email (invitation), the user had to create it own password to access my cloud

Have you moved or renamed the share since u mailed the link. If so the link would need to be regenerated

Havign read a bit more about this, am I right in thinking i can only use the email share function with people whom I have already set up ftp access for?

sam7t wrote:

Havign read a bit more about this, am I right in thinking i can only use the email share function with people whom I have already set up ftp access for?

No, e-mail access doesn’t use FTP.

And anyone can use it?

sam7t wrote:

And anyone can use it?

Some says they hacked it to work. I don’t want to hack, it should work as advertised but it does not or they missed some infomartion in the manual.

I have 8443 and 8080 (those are externals)  forwarded to 443 and 80 respectively so mycloud is working nicely.

the share email sends a link with port 80.

I hacked it to use the ports mentioend above but it does nort work. (I dont want to use method at all, it is useless for real work).

However, If you open port 80 (HTTP) on your router it will work.

I Opened a ticket with WD to clarify the situation.