Echo dot connectivity

Hi I have a yamaha av receiver which is connected to my wd my cloud nas device. If I connect an echo dot to the av receiver could I streem my music that way guy’s? Happy new year :smiley::+1:

This is more of a question for the Echo forums; the MyCloud has a DLNA server that works well. Your problem will be finding a ‘skill’ for the Echo that allows it to act as DMC and DMR to receive a stream from a DMS. This is somewhat contrary to Amazon’s business model of selling you their streaming services…

Here’s a thread on an Echo forum:

It will probably depend on finding a “skill” that can perform the action you want which is connecting to your Yamaha AV receiver and stream media through that receiver.

The following discussion may apply since it is dealing with a similar Amazon device.

Currently , there is no way to do it directly.

There are a few skills where you run a server version on your PC with access to the music on the NAS and then the skill connects to the server running on your PC, but this means your PC has to be on and the software running to use it.

This sort of negates the point of doing it imo.

As it will directly compete with amazons own music service, I’m dubious about a skill that can access local music directly being allowed on the echo.