EasyStore not listed under devices

Purchased a 4TB EasyStore External Drive and it is not appearing on my 2011 MacBook Pro (El Capitan). I am not tech savvy so hopefully there is an easy solution. The drive is plugged into the wall and my computer via USB. I checked Finder and Disk Utility and it is not appearing in either of those. Disk Utility does not have a View All selection. I read that I have to Partition my drive but I am not sure that is the correct course. Was just hoping to connect it and dump all my music and movies on the external drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Check if device has power. Or after everything plug in wait for 10 seconds and hold up the device to see if you can feel the drive is spinning. You should feel the device has a little vibrate, that indicate the device has power and is connect to the computer.

Thank you for responding! I tried plugging it in and placing it next to my laptop but still nothing. The light on the device is on so it’s on. Any other ideas?

Do you feel the vibration from the device when plug in with the LED is ON? Can you also post a picture of the Disk Utility and a picture of the About this Mac-System Report-USB?

Yes, when I plug the USB into my laptop the LED light turns on, I can hear the device turn on and feel a vibration. Here are the screenshots you requested.

47 PM

OK, you can try to download the WD Discovery app from
http://downloads.wdc.com/wdapp/WD_Discovery_1_3_482.dmg

Install it see if detect your device. If not then time to call WD support for help or get a replacement.

I am experiencing this same exact problem. I have tried calling customer support but they just say they are closed and that I should use their website for troubleshooting. very disappointed as I bought this thinking it would be quick and simple.

Thanks for the link but the Discovery app doesn’t show any device either. I purchased it at Best Buy so I’ll be returning it today. Hopefully this is an isolated issue because I’ve spent too much time trying to resolve this issue. Thanks for all your help!

Sorry to hear you are in the same predicament. No idea why or how this is a problem on a brand new drive. I’m returning mine later today. Hopefully this won’t happen to the next one.

Sorry to hear that. It might be a defected one.

brought mine back to best buy and swapped it for a new one, works like a
charm!

1 Like

Hopefully WD will do an FA on that device.