Easystore External Drive not found on laptop

My son’s Easystore 2TB external hard drive was dropped and now his laptop won’t recognize it. I even tried it on my computer and the same thing. It will appear under devices in File Explorer and I have also tried Disk Management and it comes up unallocated and no partition. He has had this HDD since September 2019 and uses it for music production. I have tried WD Drive Utility and the HDD comes up with 0 bytes and when I run a drive check the diagnoses returned “SMART status Failed”. The HDD also spins briefly then stops accompanied by a clicking sound. Please help!! I am at my witts end because this is not my area of expertise. I am trying to avoid him spending $$$ on data recovery. Please help!

Hi,

The file system on the hard drive seems to got corrupted; you can try out some Data Recovery tools for free. Check out the following link: Third Party Data Recovery Software Options for Windows and macOS

After performing data recovery, reformatting the hard drive could fix the issue: Instructions to Format a Drive for Use with Windows or macOS