Easy way to show Available disk space by volume

AM I missing something, but the dashboard tell you available capacity fo all volumes merged, and the total capacity of each volume.

But no where can you find out how much is used or availabel on a per volume basis, nor how much is used on a per share basis.

This seems like basic managment data. 

It seem intuitive that this information shoudl be available, but it seems that you have to play games with an attached computer to find out.

Volume display depends on your RAID setup. How is your WD My Cloud EX4 configured? Is it using JBOD?

Right now JBOD, but will have a Raid 1 set up in the future.

I would expect to be able to see by volume, at least.

The dashboard seems to be designed with the assumption that you have only one volume.

The single biggest number is the total capacity left, which is a meaningless number if you have more than one volume.

Clicking to expant shows you usage by file type, which while cute is really meaningless as it does not seem to sort all file types correctly (and volumes are likely to be mixed files types anyway.)

Bump for this.

I have an EX4 set up as a RAID 1 and I need to know how much space I have on each of my volumes, so I can plan for more storage before  one of them fills up and causes problems

Is there any way to do this?

Yes me too please!!! Did you ever get a reply?

Bumpety Bump, Bump!

2 and 1/2 years later, I just posted the same question.

Seems top be an obvious problem.

I guess you are supposed to do spanning with no redundancy, raid 5 or 10.

Hi, anyone got a solution for this without ssh?
I have two volumes, both in RAID 1

I use Mac and evetually found a tool which seems to do it quite well with significant amount of detail Omni Labs — OmniDiskSweeper, OmniWeb, and OmniPresence - The Omni Group

1 Like

Just map a drive to the array and you’ll see how much space is left.

Works like a charm. Also on MacOS Big Sur. :pray: :+1:t3: