E-mail notifications

Hi all,
on my system e-mail notification doesn’t work. Only the TEST MAIL arrives.
I’ve tryed to reflash the NAS (2.10.302), to reset factory default e rastarted it several times without any success.
Tryed to enable Remote Server options like described in same old forums but nothing.

I’ve tryed to monitoring the network traffic of the NAS and seems that it doen’t sent it
tryed different configurations (critical/alerts only/ all) nothing happend.
Tryed with 4 different e-mail account (checking spam folders)… nothing.

Any idea?

So… that’s new…

I’ve restored the old FW 1.05.36 and now e-mail works fine, so this is another problem of the new FW release.

Hope WD will fix it soon, ATM i will renunce to the cloud 3.0 for e-mail notifications…

I am most glad your unit is now working as expected. We have passed along your discovery to WD Support for an investigation.

That’s ok but i had to use old fw, the 2.10.302 doesn’t work.
Do u know if wd intends to fix it?

The new release FW 2.10.310 has the same problem with the e-mail notifications… doesn’t work.

I ask myselft if WD read these post…
I opened a CASE and i recive, like answare, a pre-compiled mail when is explained how reset the device… i’ve written in the CASE that i’ve already resetted the device but i assume that they don’t read the opened incidents, just forward the pre-compiled mail. The assistence support is totaly useless and the phone number for Italy written in the support page are invalid.

I’m seriusly thinking to buy another NAS NON WD… will not suggest WD NAS to anyone of my customers cause the support is useless.

Any news about this problem?

Hello Simone_Z,

Your issue has been submitted to engineering for investigation.

Thank You,
Samuel Brown

HELLO WD STUFF!!! ???

are engineering too busy to play or…?

Why no answare?
Why i recived 2 e-mail from 2 different operators without having evere an answare?

E-mail notifications won’t work, or works 1 time per week, can sameone else answare please?

I’m on the latest firmware and notifications work for me, but they always show up in my Gmail spam folder because the language is somehow detected as non-English. Hope that helps.

I setted up notifications to ALL and i’ve recived 1 or 2 e-mails from the NAS in 2 month (only new FW notification on monday). No other notifications are sent and my spam folder is empty.

Exactly when you recive the notifications? after which action?

I got one after the last firmware update, which was in Nov.

Hi all,

any updates on this topic? Currently no email messages are sent or they can not be delivered. Only the test emails are sent. The topic is described here in several posts and now extends over years.
To the WD Team and Staff: Please address this topic and fix the cause which is explained in the following article:

WD could fix this in three ways

1. add notify.senvid.net 4 (198.107.148.103) to the SPF record
  2. change the firmware to use an authorized server for @wdc.com sender
  3. change the firmware to use a sender address which notify.senvid.net 4 is authorized for
  4. Or simply allow us to configure sender address and SMTP server ourselves

Thanks in advance.
Maurice

Hi Maurice

I didn’t look into that for a long time … just see that I’m getting the notification from my MBL. the headers I recieve in gmail show that SPF check succeeds and the sender is accepted. it appears with a different IP now though (as compared to the 6 year old discussion):

extract from mail header:

Arc-Authentication-Results: ⁨i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of noreply@mycloud.com designates 35.162.44.129 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=noreply@mycloud.com⁩

Authentication-Results: ⁨mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of noreply@mycloud.com designates 35.162.44.129 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=noreply@mycloud.com⁩

Received: ⁨from notify.senvid.net (mailnas2.senvid.net. [35.162.44.129]) by mx.google.com with ESMTP id for ; Sun, 01 Sep 2019 21:48:37 -0700 (PDT)⁩

thats all I can say

BTW: strange is that I do not see your message in the official WD-Community thread … ??

Regards

dewege