Dying WD External Drive?

I have a WD My Passport 2627 4TB, one day I did a scan for bad sectors on it, just because I was curious. It ended up having like 70 bad sectors. The drive was only a couple weeks old, and I’ve gotten so many false positives on this temporary computer I’m using with my other drives; all errors would just magically disappear the next day, so I didn’t think much of it. A different 3tb drive I got used on eBay, ended up having multiple spin retry attempts, so I transferred everything over the 4tb wd drive, wiped it, and returned it to the seller. And of course, with my luck, literally right after copying everything over, I did a overnight bad sector scan via aomei partition assistant on the my passport drive, and I wake up to a loud clicking. I thought it was the fan I had blowing on it to keep it cool. But the drive was clicking much louder than usual, so I stopped the scan which was only about 60% done. So far it reported 7000 bad sectors. I immediately stopped the program and unplugged the drive. Later, when I started to realize that this drive could be failing with all my valuable data on it, I tried to back it up, and plugged it into my pc. Upon startup, I just got a black screen and cursor, but ctrl shift esc for task manager still works. Whenever I unplug the external drive, the desktop and everything re appears. File explorer, labels the drive as (local disk) and not the custom name I assigned it, and is not responding whenever the drive is plugged in. Same with disk management, it just hangs on “loading virtual disk service”. Task manager says the drive is at 100% with 0 kb/s read and write. The drive LED is also flashing and clicking, but nothing is happening. Already scanned for malware but resulted negative. Unable to run error checking utility as file explorer wont respond to me clicking properties on the drive.

Hi @roommoshi8,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask