DX4000 Loading Recovery it takes too much time and ends rebooting

You are most welcome. Enjoy !

i have successfully completed recover , now LCD shows IP addresss, and available capacity 0.00 B. i could see only C drive with 60 GB through dashboard. 7TB E drive ( labelled by me ) has no files with NTFS system. where can I get the Old data files… ???

Why did you do recover to start with? If you did recreate storage there may be no files.
You have backups?
I would click start type diskmgmt.msc and look in there

HI, this all started with the purchase of a unit that had been cleaned and
not recreated. Then, it became an exercise to learn how to do it for future
reference :wink: I just recently got them to supplement cloud backups.

David

In a message dated 3/22/2017 6:43:54 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
wd@discoursemail.com writes:

Gramps_ (https://community.wd.com/users/gramps)  

March 22
Why did you do recover to start with? If you did recreate storage there
may be no files.
You have backups?
I would click start type diskmgmt.msc and look in there

Becuase I got Start up failed , 0xD9 error , so that i did recovery process… please guide what to do next???

If you did recreate storage things may not be recoverable. I believe I would pull the drives and try something like RAID Recovery, RAID 0 - 6 Data Recovery | DiskInternals

See if it sees any files and or perhaps mount with the raid recovery software and try an undelete software

You should have a backup.

I recreated storage by given / clicking option " Do Not Delete My Data " . so how come the files are deleted…please suggest me the way to restore the file…

You did “recover” the last step selecting keep my data. But before that you did “recreate” the middle step which erased your drive(s). That would explain why you only had a C: when it booted. You erased the drives then put only C: back I do not think I have ever seen anyone recover fro a 0x9 without erasing their drives.

Again you might try that software above with an undelete program or look for a data recovery business.

Hi, Gramps, Can I use the software RAID Recovery, RAID 0 - 6 Data Recovery | DiskInternals now??? is it ok to use the software while my hard drives are in NTFS format???

You have no choice but to try it as is in another pc. You cannot go back in time. Your other choice I think is an expensive data recovery firm

I recovered few excel files and tried to open, it says the file format doesn’t support or corrupted… any ways to solve this…???

I am no help here. If you purchased software to recover the files you might check with those folks.

I did the same… most files are recovered… but still not opening??