DX4000 INITIAL CONFIG. hangs at 0%

If you click the dashboard icon does it work even though you have that msg?

I would look at diskmgmt.msc while on the desktop to see what the drive layout looks like
look at d: and see if it created server folders
If d: is not there formatted etc you may can fix that and reboot and perhaps the wizard will pick back up

You can select restart from the desktop. If you cannot open the dashboard after a restart may have to start over.

I have been looking for a log file with no luck. I thought at the end it said raid 5 or one whichever applied

going on the road now for a couple of hours

Hi,
Finally I got the message “Your server is ready to use” after almost 24 hrs. But the Sentinel displays the msg " Capacity Low". Maybe because of the missing 4th hdd. Now the Dashboard is opening. I can browse and look around. Took the snapshots to share with u guys. My computer showing one 60gb partition.

Any Suggestion for the low disk issue? As u can see in disk management snapshot there is a 5TB ntfs partition created. what is that for? Should I format the partition as you suggested in your earlier reply?

Thanks again.
regards.

Looks good
I think you just need to assign a drive letter to the ~5tb partition using diskmgmt.msc
D: is what is used normally
then from the dashboard use the move folder wizard in the server folders and hard drive tab

Finally Server is up and working. Low disk issue solved as u suggested. Thank you so much for giving me a hand getting it up and running.

Regards,
Iqbal.

No worries, glad all is sorted now.
I am just not sure if WD handles 3 drives properly has the box either shipped with 2 or 4. In the past we have built the box with 2 and then added the 3rd and let it migrate automatically
You are very welcome. Hope it serves you well.

Grey

Hi Gramps,
You were right My WD Sentinel cannot handle 3 drives properly. Again I am getting low disk issue in C: drive, when ever I want to copy data in my D: drive. Please see the Snap shots below.

Any suggestion?

earlier you has 29gb free on C: you need to figure out what is using that space

See if you can delete stuff in c:\windows\temp to get some working room to figure out what is going on

2nd hard drive showing failed after restarting the server. I am going to replace the bad one and see whether it will rebuild the raid or not.

You need to get some breathing room on C: before you do anything else