DX4000 Dashboard repair - help request

Hello everyone. 

One of our DX4000 has a damaged Dashboard. Error when starting:

Capture.PNG

I have followed the link. It takes me to a description on how to repair the certificate.

So i was comparing the certificates on other DX4000 machine and i can see that i am missing [servername]-CA certificate. 

I am not able to find the certificate, so that i could import it.  Only one i found is stored at:  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Server\Data is the CAROOT   Can i find the certificate on other path?

Is there a way to fix or reinstall the Dashboard? Any help i highly appreciated.

My best regards,

Ondrej

Do this

http://titlerequired.com/2013/04/29/windows-server-2012-essentials-an-error-prevented-the-dashboard-from-opening/

1 Like

Hello Gramps,

thank you for your quick answer. Unfortunately, i get an error when running the command:

PS C:\Windows\system32> Add-WssLocalMachineCert
Add-WssLocalMachineCert : SubmitRequest error
At line:1 char:24
+ Add-WssLocalMachineCert <<<<
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Add-WssLocalMachineCert], Cer
   tificatesException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Certificates.Ce
   rtificatesException,Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Administration.AddLoc
  alMachineCert

I need to have Active Directory Certificate services installed for this. I have removed it due to conflict with our domain certification authority. 

Now Cert. services role is installed and new CA is generated. However the CA infrastructure test states:

Testing CA Name..
Certificate Authority Online : OK
Certificate Authority Name : OK
Certificate Authority Cert : Errors Detected - Local Machine Store

Testing /Connect Certificate Package..
Connect Computer Certificate : Errors Detected - ProgramData

Testing Dashboard Certificate..
Dashboard Certificate : Error

I have to admit i am lacking knowledge in certification. Any hints how to continue the repairs of the Dashboard certificate?

my best regards,

Ondrej

Edit: Some progress! Checking the thumbprint of the certificate WDSENTINEL-CA against the registry key value LocalMachineCert at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Server\IDENTITY shown different values. I have renamed the old string and created a new one with the value of the certificate.
Now the Dashboard is starting!!! … However, no data is being displayed in Users, Server Folders or Health. It is

Gathering information for a while and then shows Information not available.

Software update is showing version 1.5.14.18 - after Gathering information i am not able to click Check for Update or Update from File. I have already downloaded the latest sentinel_software_1_7_3_13.zip but i don’t have a possibility to apply it.

Is it possible to update it manually from the zip file?

I am happy that the Intel rapid storage is working, at least I can see and manage the raid.

Again any suggestion is highly appreciated.

I think you should start over.  There is no reason or need to remove certificate services and as you can see it breaks things.

What do you mean you can see and manage the raqid with Intel Storage manager?  Did you install that also?  It will break things

Hi Gramps, sorry for the late reply, I was occupied with other projects and forgot to respond.

Actually we have four DX400 in the company and on all i have removed certification services. The problem here was the mismatch in certificate thumbprint.

The Intel Rapid storage is visible in the Dashboard. I did not install it however.

I cannot start owner with the system. The DFSR replication takes too long to setup with reseeding data, customization for SCCM and getting all roles in order.

I will consider the matter closed however as I have the means now to monitor the raid health. Thank you again for suggestions.

Thanks for the follow up !

Rock on :slight_smile: