DX4000 Can ping server but client still shows offline

Hello:

I have been fishing through many boards and cannot solve:

I have 5 clients already connected using various windows OS with no issues. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, updated all software/firmware, and made sure all services are running. I can access the dashboard from said client computer but server shows pc is offline and I cannot login to Launchpad. I can ping server just fine. I feel like i’ve exhausted all options apart from doing fresh install of windows on my pc. (I’m using windows 7 ultimate). Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

-Jeff

Does this problem PC have a different Firewall or AV soulution?

Yes but i disabled it. I disabled windows firewall and after market firewall. I have been checking log files and found this in the sqmServiceConfig log:

[1032] 140723.163452.7698: ProviderFramework: Information: [0] : EndOpen indicated that the connection attempt failed: (EndpointNotFoundException) Could not connect to net.tcp://127.0.0.1:65532//Microsoft.WindowsServerSolutions.Common.ProviderFramework.IProviderRegistration. The connection attempt lasted for a time span of 00:00:01.0000572. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:65532.  ==> (SocketException) No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:65532

[3032] 140723.163452.7698: ProviderFramework: Information: [0] : ProviderRegistryProxy: connection attempt failed.

???

Do the machines that work have the 3rd party firewall?  Sometimes disabling an AV product has not helped.  It had to be uninstalled.

Since the port is blocked. connection failed, sounds like firewall to me

Okay thanks… removing now, I will keep you posted on the outcome

Still having the same issues after remove AV and also reinstalling connector software and reboot… thanks for the feedback!

Bullgauard?  Did that uninstall the firewall also?

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/51bce67d-4735-431f-bb4a-d75c80e761f1/cannot-install-whs-2011-connector-software-on-any-64bit-win-7-ultimate-machine?forum=whsvailbeta

Neh I was using AVG. I am able to install the connector software no problem. Just can’t connect to the server. I can browse most folder through my network folders too. It seems I can communicate with the server but can’t get any feedback.

Also I forgot to add dashboard cannot gather any information from the computer OS/system type

try netstat -bano >net.txt

Open that and search for 65532 and see if something else is using that port

Is it an XP box?