DX4000 and Imation USB 3.0 RDX external drive

I am trying to connect use an Imation external RDX USB 3.0 drive to a DX4000.  I am using the DX4000 to backup a couple of servers and want to copy the backups to the RDX drive for off-site storage.

The DX4000 has up-to-date server software and firmware.  The Imation RDX drive has up-to-date firmware.  When I connect the RDX drive with a USB 3.0 cable the drive is not detected.  The power light does not come on except when I press the eject button.   If I connect the drive using a USB 2.0 cable it is dectected and accessible.

If I use the same USB 3.0 cable to connect the unit to a PC that has a USB 3.0 port it is dectected and accessible. 

Any ideas?

Hello,

Please note that the WD Sentinel runs on Windows Server 2008 R2 Essentials. Might be that the USB drivers on your drive are not fully compatible with the OS on the Sentinel.

Are you able to test a different 3.0 drive on the Sentinel DX4000

I have the most current drivers for the product from the manufacturer.  So is this now a MS issue or a WD issue?

@jamesftai

Were you able to find a solution.  I am having the same issue.  USB 3.0 drives from all sorts of manufacturers work on every other computer USB2.0/USB 3.0 ports.  I can not get any of them to work on my DX4000.