DVD playback - newbie

Hi folks - first post

Probably a stupid question answered before but here goes…

I am looking at a mini media player for use in a caravan to save carting loads of discs around.

I use DVD decrypter to copy DVD’s which maintains the correct VIDEO_TS folder  structure.

The question is do these media playes treat these folders like a DVD player i.e. show you the menu where you can choose episode/scenes etc or does it just play all the VOB files in order?

Cheers for looking

The Live+ will do this, and the Live with Beta firmware will do this.   I have a Caravan, too, and it works great.   I just hooked up a little Elements USB drive and all is good.

It’s BRAND NEW, but the "Elements Play"which has a built-in harddrive might be PERFECT for such an application.

Thanks for that Tony,

It is the mini that I am particularly interested in as it seems so cheap at the moment. and I already have a spare 500gb portable drive

Which format do you find best for playback? I assume you are using a smallish TV in the van?

So the original question still stands

Does the WD mini media player support DVD menus and also do they support subtitles?

You should ask this question in the right forum (this is for the Live and Live Plus only).

No, the mini doesn’t do that.

Thanks for those welcoming comments from our esteemed contributors and genius’

I bought one anyway, and FYI yes the mini does maintain the full DVD menu structure and yes it does even have the option for turning subtitles on and off

1 Like

lifeson wrote:

Thanks for those welcoming comments from our esteemed contributors and genius’

I bought one anyway, and FYI yes the mini does maintain the full DVD menu structure and yes it does even have the option for turning subtitles on and off

It just shows you that you may get better information if you go to the correct forum. Thanks for the info.