DVD-menus

Do anyone know how to access/use the DVD-menues when watching DVD-vob-files on the WD TV Live Media Player?

This is possible on my old cheap Iomega® ScreenPlay™ TV Link. Why can’t I do that in my WD TV HD Media Player?

Will it be possible in a later up date?

you would need to buy a different brand box.

WD does not support menus.  ■■■■■, i know.

People have asked for this, WD says they are looking into whether or not it is feasible.

According to the Ideas Lab, it’s ’ In Review’:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Ideas/Full-Menu-support-of-BluRay-or-DVD-disc/idi-p/200

It’s one of the more popular requests and I’m reasonably optimistic that it will eventually be supported on the WD TV Live.  As you say, it’s possible on other (older) media players so really it’s just a question of WD committing to implementing it.

Click the link and Kudos the idea, every vote helps I guess?  :)

It’s one of the more popular requests and I’m reasonably optimistic that it will eventually be supported on the WD TV Live.

Right. So how come that after several firmware updates it’s still not supported although it’s already been in review for the original WD?

Well, the 0.12 update was meant to replace the update manager but bricked a bunch of units.

The 0.17 update finally fixed the update manager.

The 0.24 update fixed a number of YouTube functionality issues and also some critical licensing issues that needed to be resolved.

But there are no more excuses now.  The next update has to have significant bug fixes and / or functionality improvements.