DVD from PC-DVD-player?

Hi, currently my PC and CRT-TV are connected via S-Video, so we can watch DVDs from the PC’s DVD-player. Is that possible with that WD player too ? Thank you.

the WD player has composite, component and hdmi outputs. There is no S-video connection. The WD player can play DVDs from the PC’s DVD-player if you share the DVD drive on your network.

Scandy wrote:

the WD player has composite, component and hdmi outputs. There is no S-video connection. The WD player can play DVDs from the PC’s DVD-player if you share the DVD drive on your network.

AND buy some DVD decrypting SW like AnyDVD!

Cocovanna

Sorry, Cocovanna is right, I forgot to mention that! The WD player can only play unencrypted DVDs from the PC’s DVD player, unless you also have decrypting software resident in your system.

Thank you very much. kind regards !

Hi, I have anydvd (not the latest one), and I still can’t play DVD through the network share. The WD browse the DVD well, I can see the Audio & video folders, but when I enter the video folder, the WD says there is no multimedia files in it. The DVD is an encrypted one, but anydvd should take care of it. When I copy the DVD folders onto my PC local drive, then share it, the WD can play the DVD (I just have to select the appropriate VOB file). Is there something I missed? configuration or something? Thx