DVD 5.1 downmix to stereo (analog out) - fixed yet?

As stated I haven’t had the problem since using an AV receiver.

From memory

Select any movie ISO/VOB with AC-3 6 channel and an AC-2 2 channel (commentary) and switch between the two.

Scandy wrote:

richUK wrote:

Does anybody else want to chip in and tell us what they do so we can all feel inferior! It really does not matter what your qualifications are if people are getting the wrong end of the stick plus this is the internet where you can become anything you want to. :wink:

I agree with you…I never posted anything like that before, but I felt like I had to disprove thepanoguy’s implication that there were no technical people here who could understand/help with the problem. Since he listed his qualifications, I listed some of mine. Sorry…I won’t so that again!

thepanoguy, I hope that you understand that I was not attacking you…AS MikeF said, the concern is that we don’t want your comments to confuse a real problem that some of us are experiencing.

I was not particularly getting at you. However it really does annoy me when people (not you) come on this forum and repeatedly tell us good they are but have trouble setting up a simple media player. I have seen all these so called ‘experts’ come and go without adding anything to the forum except how much of a legend they are (mostly in their own mind). Anyway I hope that this downmix problem is resolved and I for one appreciate your contributions to the forum.

MikeF,

You stated that you haven’t had the problem since using “an AV receiver”…

Are you saying you’ve started outputting 5.1 surround (which works fine, I’m sure) or are you still using analog stereo out from the box and the new receiver solved the problem?  I recall you having the same issue as I am, and your post is ambiguous :stuck_out_tongue:

I am outputing 5.1 to the AV receiver and as you would expect I don’t have the stereo downmix problem now. I am not feeding stereo into the AV receiver.

I used to have the problem when feeding my (now dead) stereo amp with the stereo output.

It really frustrated me and I made recent comments on behalf of those still frustrated by a fixable problem.

Wrapping your ISO/VOBs in an mkv container using the free version of MakeMKV will give you chapter access to step through movie and “solve” the problem.