Duplicated files, very annoying

Hi there,

I recently notice that most of my music and video files are duplicated when displayed via WDTV, i.e. I select “Music”, navigate to “Artists” or “Album” to find that each track is duplicated. On playing back the album this means that each track is played twice. Bloody annoying. The list of videos, shows everything twice too.

When I plug my portable hd into my PC I can clearly see that only one version of each file exists (I’ve tried searching too). Also in WDTV folder management it shows me only one version of each file. Weird and annoying.

I’m on the current version and have tried resetting to factory defaults but to no avail. All help gratefully received…

Alstong wrote:

Hi there,

I recently notice that most of my music and video files are duplicated when displayed via WDTV, i.e. I select “Music”, navigate to “Artists” or “Album” to find that each track is duplicated. On playing back the album this means that each track is played twice. Bloody annoying. The list of videos, shows everything twice too.

When I plug my portable hd into my PC I can clearly see that only one version of each file exists (I’ve tried searching too). Also in WDTV folder management it shows me only one version of each file. Weird and annoying.

I’m on the current version and have tried resetting to factory defaults but to no avail. All help gratefully received…

Delete the folder named .wdtv on the root of your drive. This contains a database which may be corrupted. The wdtv will remake it when you turn it back on.

That worked perfectly, thanks mate