Duplicate titles of files showing in my folder, can someone help?

I know that there are threads on the same subject, but for the life of me I just can’t understand the given solutions.  I know one user suggested to clear the media library, but can someone please guide me step by step how to do this?  I am unsure?

thanks in advance.

Please give us more info about where you’re seeing these duplicates.

On a computer?  Media player?  etc. – and how you’re accessing these folders.

Sorry for the lack of information.  It is via the Wd TV Live that I am seeing these duplicate titles of the files.  From the computer everything is ok, but when I access for example a movie like for example “The Terminator”.  I’ll go into the Terminator folder where the mkv file is, and then it will show Terminator.mkv twice as if there are two files, but actually there is only one.  It is when I access the files through wd tv live which is connected to my television.

There was another posting somewhere which said this can be fixed by clearing media share library or something like that I dont know if this is true, but if someone can show me how to do this or give me another solution I will be grateful.

Hits147 wrote:

Sorry for the lack of information.  It is via the Wd TV Live that I am seeing these duplicate titles of the files.  From the computer everything is ok, but when I access for example a movie like for example “The Terminator”.  I’ll go into the Terminator folder where the mkv file is, and then it will show Terminator.mkv twice as if there are two files, but actually there is only one.  It is when I access the files through wd tv live which is connected to my television.

There was another posting somewhere which said this can be fixed by clearing media share library or something like that I dont know if this is true, but if someone can show me how to do this or give me another solution I will be grateful.

I have seen this happen occassionally, too…  not sure what causes it.

You can re-build the library via:

Settings / System Settings / Media Library / Clear Media Library

Ok now when you say settings? settings where? do you mean through the wd my cloud dashboard, I can see settings there, but from there i can’t see system settings anywhere? Unless you mean via somewhere else?

thanks

Hits147 wrote:

Ok now when you say settings? settings where? 

On the WDTV.   

Ok tried this and it hasn’t worked. I guess I’ll just have to call wd. Thanks anyway.

If you use Safepoints or smartware, you might have a backup version of the media files that the media scanner has duplicated. You can exclude folder or shares from the twonky server scanning list.