Duplicate music tracks

Nearly all my music tracks show duplicates and I have searched through previous questions on the forum and tried possible solutions such as rebulding the DNLA database via the WD dasboard etc, but all the duplicates are still there!

Anyone any ideas how to get rid of them?

Thanks.

any chance there is actually 2 copies? in another share and/or directory. maybe from smartware / timemachine or other backups?

it will include files from any share with media sharing enabled

"any chance there is actually 2 copies? in another share and/or directory. maybe from smartware / timemachine or other backups?

it will include files from any share with media sharing enabled"

Thanks for that, but apologies as I don´t really understand your advice as I am new to the device. I cannnot find anything in other spare/directory, but TBH don´t really know how to check!

I have taken some steps including rebuilding DNLA database, switched itunes server off and rescanned it. Under “Smartware” I have disabled media serving and public access and under “Public”, turned media serving to off. Nothing has made any difference.

BTW when I go to “Users”, I see my name, but all options under “share access” are greyed out. Is this correct?

I´m really stuck and have even thought about doing a full restore and letting iTunes re-load the files to see if that works!

I have never used “Time Machine” as I haven´t really researched what it does and how it works, (presume it’s for Mac users only?) nor have I done any backups yet.

As you can see I am a complete novice, so you (and perhaps others) may have to walk me through any options.

Thanks again. Much appreciated. 

It is hard to give details as I have now idea how you have it setup

lets start by going to the shares item in the UI (http://mycloud/UI

select each share 1 at a time. for any share that you have not placed your music on turn the media serving option off.

how many shares do you still have media serving on?

do you still have the duplicates?

If I understand you correctly, when I select shares I get “Brian”, (me), below that “Public”, below that “Smartware” and below that “TimeMachineBackup”. Media serving option is only enabled on “Brian” and off on all the others and the duplicates are still all there.

Is this what you were asking or am I way off?

in the top level of the brian share search for one of the duplicat filenames, it may take awhile to finish.

how many files did it find?