Dualdrive error, need help!

Recently I had to RMA my WD black2 dualdrive and received a replacement. I cloned my SSD portion, and got ready to initialize the HDD portion soon after, so I could re-install my games and software on that. But when I went to use the software initializer, i got the error “completion code 0”
Upon searching the knowledge base, I found the useless help for this issue. It says that my computer is, for some reason, not detecting the HDD portion of the drive. I checked all the connections in my computer and they’re completely solid. The SSD portion of the drive works fine, and I even disconnected my other hard drive to be sure that wasn’t interfering (even though it didn’t interfere with anything the first time around). Nothing tells me how to FIX the issue, just what the issue IS.
Somebody help me please. Email support didn’t help, I can’t find anything online, and I just want my drive to work -.-

Hello,

Have you tried running the  WD Black2 installer

This will allow you to Expand the Dual Drive to create the 1TB HDD volume.

That’s the exact problem…
The software was what gave me the error in the first place. I knew windows wouldn’t detect the HDD portion, but the software doesn’t detect it either, and that’s why I’m posting here.

What version of Windows are you running?

Look to see if you see a “installer.log” which should in C:\Program Files (x86)\Western Digital\WDBlack2

If it does, open it up (I suggest using Notepad++ to open it) and look to see if there are any errors.

1 Like

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. 
The only error code I was able to find in the document you specified was labeled “0x620013”

bullet1520 wrote:

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. 
The only error code I was able to find in the document you specified was labeled “0x620013”

bullet1520, I see that you were escalated to support for help with that error.  Did anyone contact you, yet?

Yes, though I had to ask for them to re-contact me, as I was walking into school when I received the call. 
Thank you for the concern.

Hi

i just bought the same WD Black2, and i have exactly the same error than you.

impossible to install and configure the 1Tb partition.

what could i do ?

jfschmidt wrote:

Hi

i just bought the same WD Black2, and i have exactly the same error than you.

impossible to install and configure the 1Tb partition.

what could i do ?

We are looking into this right now.  We found issues with how the drive interacts with some of the newer BIOSes.  If you contact Support, they should be able to help you get it straightened out.  From what I understand, we are in the process of putting out a document to help users get around those BIOS and driver conditions.   

You could try updating the firmware to the latest version, but that did not work for me, sadly. I’m still waiting to be contacted by support again, so in the meantime… try to search around the forums and contact support. I hope they can help us both. Good luck!

bullet1520 wrote:

You could try updating the firmware to the latest version, but that did not work for me, sadly. I’m still waiting to be contacted by support again, so in the meantime… try to search around the forums and contact support. I hope they can help us both. Good luck!

I’m following up to make sure they contact you.

I would check your system BIOS to see what it is set for. Error Code 0 usually means that the software can’t properly detect the drive. This is usually due to the BIOS set to RAID mode. Make sure that your BIOS is set to AHCI or EIDE mode.

Please note that changing this mode could chage the driver set that Windows is using and the OS may not boot and you will need to reinstall the operating system. Then try installing the Black2 software.