DTS over HDMI?

Hi all, with my configuration: WD TV Live – (HDMI) → LCD-TV (LG 32LD-450) – (toslink optical cable) → Audio receiver (Logitech Z-5500) the DTS over HDMI doesn’t work! In some older firmware versions it works but with the new ones it doesn’t work! Does the new firmware versions support DTS over HDMI? DD5.1 plays without any problems! Thx! Chris

DTS over HDMI has *always* worked.   It’s one of the few audio codecs that, to my memory, has never had a problem.

HOWEVER, unless your TV supports DIGITAL PASSTHROUGH, it’s not going to work the way you have it shown (and your TV does NOT; I just checked the manual.)

There are *VERY* few televisions that support HDMI to TOSLINK passthrough for audio.

Your TV manual states:

HDMI Audio Supported Format: Dolby Digital (32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz), Linear PCM (32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz)

Is there a way to get digital sound to work through the television to the receiver? If I switch it to stereo, the sound plays, but it does not play on digital pass thro, nor on digital pass thro over optical.