DS6100 WD Software Update Failed

Good Morning,
I just finished rebuilding my DS6100 (Server 2012 R2) per the instructions located within these topics and BTW, all worked as instructed, but I have an issue, trying to update the WD software, always fails. I have learned 2012 is much different than my dx4000s unit with 2008 r2 with having to create shares , etc. I don’t know if I have to set security or if the system account will allow it. Also, I can not get the connector to install on the Win10 pro or the Win 10 home units.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks,
Bob

not sure what you mean by wd update fails. you prob have to install the wd tweaks before the connector will work. do not mess with permissions

Gramps,
I have installed all the WD tweaks. The LCD on the unit keeps telling me the WD Software Updates failed. I even downloaded the update and it fails and tried to install via the dashboard but no luck.
Bob
P.S.
Glad to see your still there.

BTW,
I am doing this remotely, from my desktop
Bob

The LCD panel will lie to you :slight_smile: You need to go to the dashboard>notifications and clear the event(s)
Reboot and see if it comes back. Install all the windows updates

Thanks Gramps, but already done that a couple of time, there are no windows updates that it wants/needs to install.

BTW, if someone you know needs parts for the dx4000, have them message me… I am not going to charge them for the parts, but the drives stay…I don’t need them now that I have the 6100 up and running.
Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bseff

Do you want to sell DS6100 ? I really want to buy a DS6100 for my research project.

Thank

I only have 1 DS6100 and it is up and running, but I do have 3 dx4000 someone can have if they need parts, but the drives are not part of them, they all function fine before i combined them into to ds6100
Bob

Hi,

Can I buy that DS6100 from you ? I can pay for you the price higher than the price you bought that model. I really need the model DS6100 for my research project

Thank
Eric

Sorry it’s not for sale. I am using it.

Bob

image001.jpg