Dropped my WD-Black 2TB on the floor

Like subject says, i accidently dropped my WD 2001FASS. 

The drop distance was about 1 ft high.

So far the drive is running fine.  Noises seems to be normal noises ( i think).

Do you guys think it is all right? any test i can perform to ensure whether it is defective or not?

Well Sir In This Case What I Recommend You Its To Run A Diagnostic With The Tool From WD

It Good To Void Losing The Data, Run This And If Said That Exist Bad Sectors, Try To Recover Your Data And Then If The Drive Still Under The Warranty Go Ahead And Replace

Download It From Here:

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=613&sid=3&lang=en

Hope It Help

However, if the drive shows any physical damage the RMA will be rejected.  So, whether you RMA or not, make sure that you don’t trust any valuable data to just that drive.  As a matter of fact, no one should ever trust valuable data to any one drive.  I create important files all the time.  Once done, I will save and then throw the file on to a flash drive, or on to an extra internal storage drive, until I can run a full backup. 

Drives are typically rated at 30 g’s.  I imagine the specs on the Caviar Blacks are at least that.  This means the drive should suffer no ill effects from being dropped this short difference

Blinky wrote:

Drives are typically rated at 30 g’s.  I imagine the specs on the Caviar Blacks are at least that.  This means the drive should suffer no ill effects from being dropped this short difference

what do u mean by 30 g’s?

Designed to withstand 30 "g"s of impact – how fast the drive decelerates to a stop when hitting the floor, in this case.

and is  1-1.5 feet of drop distance in this case all right for a WD Black?  Hopefulyl someone from WD can confirm this.

bump

bump

Wasn’t that the original problem??