Dropbox synchronizing

Somebody knows how to synchronize DropBox with the WDMyCloyd 2T, for Max OSX Maverick Automatically?

Hello gunter1, currently only the Smartware Pro version for Windows OS will allow you to automatically backup your files to Dropbox. You can make the suggestion in the software ideas section. 

http://community.wd.com/t5/Software-Accessory-Ideas/idb-p/software_ideas

Hi there,

It seems that there is no direct sync from WD My Cloud Drive to dropbox account directly? I’ve installed WD SmareWare but it only seems to perform:

1. Backup source (computer / dropbox)

2. Backup target (WD My Cloud / dropbox)

Is there any way to perform WD My cloud (Source) to Dropbox (Target) directly?

Thanks,

Mingyi

If you are wanting to use Dropbox as a backup? As stated before in a reply do you have Pro version. See image below #1. This should be a free upgrade, mine was.

Between the information provided under the Help tab #2 and in the Online User Manual #2 you should be able to find everything you need to do to setup a backup to Dropbox.

From what I read you will need to setup a remote Dropbox folder (OUM P.19&42).

I am having the same issue, was this ever resolved?

In reading through the suggestions, its still not clear wether or not you can select the WD My Cloud as your back up source.  That is what I am trying to do as well, back from directly from my WD My Cloud drive to Dropbox.

Any ideas if this is possible?

1 Like

Apologies, let me clarfiy that my WD My Cloud drive is conencted through my network via a router, so I currently can’t see it when navigating through my PC drives, it only allows local drives or an external drive attached directly to my PC.   No way to find the WD drive as a source?