Driver for WDC WD3200BPVT-22JJ5T0

Hi, 

I am just about to of install windows xp on my acer aspire one d270-1596, which came pre loaded with windows 7. 

To do this, I need to slipstream windows xp as well as the xp version of the driver for my WDC WD3200BPVT-22JJ5T0 SATA  hard drive.

The PROBLEM is that I cannot find the driver version for this hard drive (ideally version 5.1.2535.0)

Any suggestions on where I could find the driver would be much appreciated!

Hi well Hard drives do not have drivers so there are none. Second if you have the recovery disks that you made from the recovery program that was on your laptop it  would contain any drivers the laptop needs. If you did not write those restore disks and only have a copy of xp when it goes to install you get to a point and it asks do you have any third party drivers to install push f6 you would then have the sata drivers on a a disk and select it. Since the system came with windows 7 starter on it I really don’t think acer has any xp drivers for that laptop. I checked and could not find any xp drivers for that system sorry. Also dont for get you will need network ,video, touchpad and many other drivers to make everything to work with xp on the laptop.