Driver Error Message: WD SES Device USB Device

Thank you so much.

this guide helps me to solve the problem.

I installed WD Smartwate update then i notieced that yellow icon removed and not any error on my Device Manager.

but i don’t like WD Smartware software because i didn’t use any option to automatic backup or any password or encryption and something else more and i think that software was a little heavy.

so i decided to uninstall WD SmartWare but update Firmware to latest version.

after Uninstalling i noticed again that Yellow Icon was appeared again in Device Manager in Windows 7.

but i could browse for Driver called “WDCSAM” and those files i copied from WD Smartware Folder in “C:/Program Files” and could solve the problem.

now WDsmartWare is Uninstalled on my system and there is not any Yellow danger Error in Device Manager too.

Thank you so much.

Hello.

I have a problem with my WD My Passport Essential (500GB). Last week i plugged into a  PC which had a Kaspersky Anti-Virus System, and deleted the system.exe data from my passport because it had a trojan virus. After that if i plug in to a PC which has Windows XP then it says: The system.exe data missing…  and it can not open the hard drive. In my PC (Windows 7) i can open it maybe because the hard drive’s software is on the PC. What can or should i do with this problem? Any ideas?

does the drive have data already? if not do a quick format to the drive.

I bought wd my passport 320 GB ultra portable hard drive but it shows some message after i used it for 2 weeks it  says wd ses device in deveice manager and it hides the hard drive from my computer please help me to solve this probelm b/c i don’t have any access to open my datas form the hard disc.

I have got nearly 400Gb data on the hard drive. I’ll try to copy back to my PC the data but that was the reason why i bought this because i haven’t got enough space in the PC. So du u this a format can fix this problem?

yeah, system error or ini files are are fixed easily with this.

Thank you for helping! :slight_smile:

WD when i connect my drive to pc, in device mngr the "WD SES driver… " is marked yellow!

the WD Smartware Software won’t install and also i dont have any folder in my program files named WD !!!

i dont know how to fix this problem!

my OS is 7 x86

i would appreciate if someone help…

Hello sami_film, Take a look at your drives, using windows explorer, to see if you have another cdrom drive. If you normally have your main hard-drive as C, and perhaps a built-in cd/dvd-rom drive as D, then see if another cdrom drive letter, like E or greater is there. If it is, this is the virtual cdrom drive (aka VCD) created automatically by the WD drive. If the VCD is there, then explore it, and look for a file named: WD Smartware.exe Double-Click on this file to install your drivers. If you do not get results after doing this, then goto Device Manager, Right-Click on the WD-drive, and choose Update Driver, then point it to the folder on the VCD, found in: Extras\WD SES Device Driver\ Or, if you do not want to use the Encryption feature offered by the WD drive, then you can take a look at this post: http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Passport-for-PC/HowTo-Remove-VCD-and-Have-no-SES-Install-messages-only-once-per/td-p/22734 The post describes how to disable the virtual cdrom and SES device (this device provides the encryption feature). This will make the WD drive operate just like any standard USB drive. You only have to follow this procedure once, and then you will have no more SES install messages and no VCD will appear in your drives list. Cheers, Matt

I have a passport cd 500GB.

It was working fine on my PC and on my notebook both with WIN XP as operating sys. But someting happand’ and on the PC, When I am connecting  my passport  device I get a small massage that says “Found new Hardware WD SES device” and my computer freezes only restart bring my PC to live again, without the passport of course.

I don’t have in my Startup any tfswctrl and I don’t have DLA in my Add/Remove list and I don’t see any WD … in my device manager.

So after searching for ways to solve the problems I think that I have to reinstall ses drivers but I don’t find a site for download those files.

Install the updated wd smartware software onto your drive then go to the virtual cd and open the extras folder then open the wd ses folder copy all the files in this folder to c:\windows\system32\drivers then go to device manager then update the driver by using search my hard drive browse to the underlined folder then select install, then uninstall wd smartware.

hey guys, i’m using w7 pro, and it is unable to located the WES driver either.

everything i’ve done like what those previous users taught to go device manager n located the drivers manually, and all my drivers were supposed to be in that virtual drive! n if the virtual drive isn’t located(the driver needed is to have the virtual drive located) how could u open the door when u key is inside the room??!

so i went and register my product, download the latest drivers, both installing drivers n updating drivers(just dl all those 4 drivers, coz i’m not sure which one is the key) then have them installed one-by-one(but then should be the WDSmartWareVirtualCDManagerforWindows) n my problem solved! hope it helps…^^

what does this mean and what do i do to solve

Por favor enviar a mi correo la dirección corecta para bajar el Driver para WD SES DEVICEUSB DEVICE mi dico lo

compre en Dubai

Debe poder encontrar el driver adentro de la carpeta “Extras” en el VCD.

This is great - an easy to find simple fix!  Thanks for posting!

Ya solucione el problema, gracias de todas maneras.

Procedimiento:

1. Desinstale el antivirus y el registro mecánico (PcTools)
  2. Ingrese a la WWW de WD como usuario registrado
  3. Ejecute el EssentialEliteFirmwareUpdater_v2.003(1.0.8.0)
  4. Apague el CPU
  5. Volví a encender el CPU con el HD-WD desconectado
  6. Conecte el HD-WD, reconoció la unidad
  7. Ingrese nuevamente a la WWW de WD como usuario registrado
  8. Ejecute el WDSmartWare_SoftwareUpdater_for_Windows_1_3_0_16a
  9. Apague el CPU
  10. Volví a encender el CPU con el HD-WD desconectado
  11. Conecte el HD-WD, reconoció la unidad
  12. En ese momento ya el CPU había reconocido al SES y en la Administración de dispositivos había aparecido WD Drive Management device – WD SES Device** , y el CD virtual había vuelto a aparecer WD SmartWare **, inmediatamente hice una copia Backup de este CD Virtual a uno de mis discos duros fijos, ya realice el BACKUP de mi información de Imágenes (fotos y videos) en My Passport de 500Gb y ya tengo ocupado 442Gb, y aparentemente no tengo problemas.

Comentarios:

Su sistema es algo engorrosa en su ejecución y no es amigable, clara ni flexible.

Tengo tres unidades de disco USB externos, un Toshiba, otro LG y el último comprado es el WD, cada uno lo uso para almacenar cosas distintas, en uno mis documentos, en otro mi música y el WD mis imágenes, además de tener tres discos HD fijos que suman 1.8TB en mi CPU, por el problema de virus y lo inestable que puede volverse el Windows (todas las versiones), prefiero tener mi información fuera de mi máquina y solo luego de procesarla la almaceno el los HD-USB externos.

Tengo un WD HD de 20GB de 5¼” de hace 10 años que aún funciona correctamente, en mi máquina antigua, la cual uso para entrar a Internet, la Marca es Buena.

Desde el 5 de Agosto hasta el 7 de agosto me tomo, para poder activar su HD-WD.

Me gusta su idea de tener un Cd virtual en el HD, podría servirme para poder arrancar mi máquina en caso de que esta fallara y reinstalar mi sistema operativo – por el momento no voy a explorar esa opción, voy a hacer lo que deje de trabajar por solucionar mi problema y dormir.

Espero que mi experiencia con mezcla de obsesión, sirva para otros, hasta que simplifiquen y mejoren su sistema.

shivsajjan wrote:

Hi,

Right-Click the WD SES Driver in the Device Manager & Left-Click ‘Update Driver’.

Choose ‘Install from a specific location’.The SES Driver is in the WD Smartware VCD within the Folder ‘Extras’.

ShiV

Sweet!  That was it.  Thanks a ton.

The driver you are looking for is on a virtual CD on the new drive. To install it go to my computer select the C/D WD Smartwave and then click  the WD smartware folder and then the ses driver version for your O/S. Ditto for the S.martware program.  Works fine someone just skipped a few instructions.  Ciao.

Long discussion, but …what if you lost your Extras directory?

I am a bit astonished that I can not find a way to download these drivers :frowning:

Should I keep my passport broken forever because I erased the extras directory? Need help.