Drive warranty isn't correct

I am trying to get a drive replaced through warranty. The drive is a WD3200BEKT Scorpio Black. When I check the warranty using the serial #, it tells me that it is out of warranty which it shows only a 3-yr warranty. I thought all of the black drives had 5-yr warranties.

The date on the drive is 11 JAN 2010 & today is Jan 2, 2015. I have tried emailing WDC as well as calling them. The email I try to send contiues to try to search the kb & never submits the post. When I call, I continue to stay on hold. Last time I called I stayed on hold for about 30 min.

Is this a common problem?? Is it really this hard to contact WDC? I have been using their drives for 20+ yrs. & have had very little problems with them, but if getting support is going to be this complicated & time consuming, I’m going to have to try a new manufacturer.

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi Phuztone777, welcome to the WD community. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with your device, as this is not the typical or intended experience with the product and provided support. Tech support is able to update the warranty to the correct date with the proof of purchase. We have passed your case to them, please check your private messages.