Drive Utilities SW not working on mac or windows

Hi
I just bought a My Passport SSD and I have had the following issues:

1. I formatted the drive using the option Mac OS Extended Journaled
  2. I began to transfer files from an external HD to this new SSD and suddenly the MAC would shut down several times
  3. The SSD shows in the Drive Utilities app but I cannot run any test and the settings are not activated. The drive test failed message shows.
  4. I decided to format the drive as EXFAT so I could see it on a windows computer.
  5. On windows. the Drive Utilities app shows the drive and lets me run the checks but only the status check. The run quick drive test and run complete drive test cannot be executed. But of them go from 0% to -1% and then stop.
  6. Finally on windows I can never eject the drive normally. I have to open task manager and end the WD driver program and the Driver utilities app in order for me to be able to eject it.
    I still can transfer files to the drive and use it. But I am afraid to use it because: 1) I crashes the mac when transffering from the HD, 2) I cannot eject it properly in windows 3) I cannot run tests from the WD drive utilities app

Thanks

Hi @jfvj,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask