Drive Tray Available for EX2100?

I’m sure they’re the same for all EX series systems… Where can I purchase a spare drive tray for the EX2100 series NAS?

My normal operation is to use RAID 1 to mirror the drives, break the mirror occasionally and swap in another drive to be re-mirrored, and take the removed drive off-site to secure storage. But it is really inconvenient if the “third” drive is not in a carrier and ready to be swapped into service.

I’ve looked all over and can’t seem to find a place to purchase- either on westerndigital.com or another source.

I just want to make sure this is available and I can do this before purchasing the EX2100.

Thanks!

Hello,

Just to clarify, you mean some kind of carrying case for to protect the internal drive when you take it off site?

Negative- the drive mounts in a tray (at least that’s what I’ve always called them) when it is inserted into the EX2100… you don’t just slide a bare drive into the slot. They drive itself has to mount on something, no?

As far as I know it is the bare drive. There is no enclosure around the drive to be guided in there. Btw I find this pretty neat.

You’re absolutely right… I hadn’t really looked at the picture of the system with the drive door opened… it’s just a door, not a whole tray. This is excellent as it allows you to easily swap in a drive without doing the dance with the carrier.

Thanks!