Drive Temperature

Hello:  Last March I purchased/installed a 1TB SATA 6Gb/s on my machine.  It worked well and disk temp. appeared.  It was around a cool 36c.

A few days ago I purchased/installed another, but this time these two were put in a RAID0 array.  Now there is no temperature showing.

Is it not possible to detect and read temperature of drives in a RAID array or did I fail to do something in the newest drive, like turn on S.M.A.R.T. monitoring?

Clarence

Hi there, what drives do you have on the RAID and using what controller? Some controllers do not allow to check the temperature and others need to be manually configured.

ClarenceE,  if you are using IE9 please visit the link below:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/IE9-and-WDC-Forum-Compatibility/td-p/167170

Hello ThePizzaMatrix:

I responded yesterday but the content apparently didn’t get posted.  I was just informed how to make my IE 9 compatable so here is my response.

I installed a new SIIG SATA 6 PCIe adapter card.  I installed 2 1TB WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s drives on the card in a RAID0 array.  The controller is MARVELL 93XX SATA 6G and it has the 1.0.0.1036 driver loaded.  Temperature is not disclosed.  Before I put these two drives on the controller in the RAID array, for one month one of the drives functioned and its temperature was read.  Only after installing the second one along with the first one in the RAID0 array has the temperature read function disappeared for both.  FYI I restored the first disk to original data condition before installing the RAID array.

So, how can I find details about the controller driver to learn that it is not capable of presenting temperature read out in a RAID array or how to turn it on if that is what is required?

thank you for you concern, help and recommendation, and again, I apologize for putting up a post with zero content.

Clarence