Drive Swap Not working Please Help

Hello. I am moving from a 4tb drive to a 3tb drive in my Gen 2 My Cloud. I reset to system default and migrated all my data. I removed the 4tb drive. I put my 3tb drive in my drive sled. I shrunk the storage partition to 1tb. I then cloned the drive to my 3tb drive with Macrium reflect. Then I expanded the partition on the 3tb drive so that it took up the rest of the unallocated space. Then I booted the My cloud from the 3tb drive. The light turned red and the webpage prompted me for a firmware file that I downloaded. After uploading the firmware file It then booted like normal and I went through the setup process. Everything went fine but it didn’t mount a volume so I went through the steps on the storage page for changing the RAID mode. I selected JBOD as it was the only option since their arent multiple drives for RAID. It preformed a drive self-test and then partitioning and finally a reformatting. But it still didn’t show any available storage and failed to mount the volume. So I rebooted and it doesn’t boot it just blinks blue rapidly and doesn’t show up on the network. I’ve done this a couple of times now but it fails every time. When I put the 4tb drive back it works again.

Any help is much-appreciated thanks.

What specific My Cloud model do you have? Generally this subforum (My Cloud) discusses the single bay/single drive My Cloud. Do you have a single bay first gen My Cloud running the v4.x firmware or a second gen single bay My cloud running the v2.x firmware?

The single bay/single drive My Cloud looks like this:

I have the single bay my cloud gen 2 with 2.x firmware.