Drive is locked - error 0220

Hi

recently i bought a new hdd which is 1 tb blue i bought it maybe 2 weeks later
what happened is i got a malware on my computer and it was a strong malware so i decided to format my hdd using ubuntu overwriting format option

it took 7 hours to complete the format and when i woke up the next morning i did something stupid and clicked something maybe called ATA secure erase or something to make sure that my hdd is formatted completly and i actually canceled the ATA format in the middle of its formatting process because it took a long time

i installed windows 8.1 on it the next day and it was installed pefectly with no problems and i turned off the computer and went out and cameback after several hours to find that my hdd says boot failure

I tried installing windows 8.1 again and it said

’ windows cant be installed to this disk ’ and tried to fix that problem using cmd , nothing happened.

i went back to ubuntu to try to fix the problem or do anything to get my hdd working back and i didnt find any solution
and it told me ’ 1 tb unknown ’

so i downloaded DOSDLG and did an extended test and i got this message ’ drive is locked error status code 0220 ’

yes bios is recognizing the hdd

please help me out i am very upset of what happened specially that its a new hdd

i hope that i won’t need to buy a new one, maybe the warranty will help

thank u very much for opening email support and i hope u anwesr me quickly

Hello and welcome to the WD community.

Did you try to write zeroes to the drive to see if you don’t get this message again ?