Downloading folders via mycloud missing contents

I have a 3TB WD network drive, a few years old now but I think it is an older version of the current MyClouds.

I am having a recurring issue when trying to download via the my cloud browser interface.
some folders download perfectly fine, but on other occasions folders are downloaded empty and the contents is left.

I can go in and download the files within that folder one by one, so there doesn’t seem to be an issue there. It also seems to be the same folders that are affected.

For example I have all my music stored there. If I want to download a two disc album each disc is saved as a separate folder. The first disc folder downloads fine and all the music tracks it contains are there. However the second folder, which has exactly the same name but with a ‘2’ suffix will download but without any of the contents. Other folders may only download one or two of the files it contains but leaves the rest.

There doesn’t seem to be any variation to this if I re-try later. Every folder downloads in the same way either complete, partial or completely empty each time.

I am using IE 11 as mycloud doesn’t seem to work at all on chrome. Has anyone come across this issue before?

A little more information.

I have been successful in downloading one of the problem folders to my mobile using the mycloud app over wifi (though it did take a month of Sundays!) on the same network that the pc I was previously using was connected to. So it seems that the issue related to the browser app.

Do you have Windows 10, if so why not use File Explorer and moved them from there back to your computers Music Library?

Hi

I probably should have specified. The reason I am accessing via the web browser is because I am accessing remotely . The drive is at home sitting on my home network, while I am trying to connect from my office 50 miles away.