Downloading Acronis Align Tool

WD is becomming a Pain in my backside.  I am trying to replace a drive, and need the WD Align tool.  I called support, and they told me I needed to reboot my PC.  I have done that, tried IE and FireFox, and the download button just does not work.

If I cannot get this, I will be junking the [Deleted] thing and returning it for a Seagate.  If they cannot get a download link to work on a website, how can I trust that they can build a hard drive that will store data correctly.

I have re-registered the drive, and used the download link from the drive registration…and the same think…

Someone help before the drive gets returned with a bullet hole in it!

:smiley: Hi people

I try using Internet Explorer (8) and get that download (AcronisAlignTool_s_e_2_0_111.exe).

Previous attempts, using Chrome and Firefox, were not successful (like many people).

Using IE, that  issue is resolved

:catvery-happy:

PS: IE is so SO slow :angry:

PS2: I used:  http://support.wdc.com/product/downloadsw.asp?sid=128

Registered my product, same problem as others, can’t d/l the Align program.

Reading other post here, I suspect that because my product is an external HDD, it only shows downloads for external HDD’s only.

Where, when and what I do, with my external HDD, is intirely my provocative.

What I’m doing at the moment is removing the HDD itself, from the external case and am going to install it inside another one of my PC’s. That PC’s HDD is about to $hit itself. Had it for years and error galour’s are happening to it, I know it’s about to die.

That PC is running XP SP3, I want to partition the drive, run windoze on a 50GB partition for example and have another partition for storage, backups or whatever, etc.

Anyway, as I was typing this, the Align program has finished d/ling from a toR_Rent site.

Far Que WD, I’ll resort to other ways of obtaining it.

Might buy my next HDD from the opposition next time. . .

Best Regards,

Disgruntled End-User.

Let me just add to this list - after having wasted 3 hours of my time on a wonderful sunny Saturday, I’ve figured out how to install the j***y Acronic Align tool. Let me repeat, even though the solution is described above a few times (READ THIS before you throw this fantastic high-tec product against the wall, as I was not far from doing)

1. You have to register an account with WD (why on Earth do the WD need details like the postal address and phone nr?!)

2. You have to register your product, filling in the serial number of the disc you bought.

3. You have to follow the link “download” FROM WHERE YOUR REGISTERED DISC IS.

Other download WD site(s) are a waste of time - whichever way you follow, you will arrive at a site where pushing the “download” button will only endlessly reload the page - even if you have registered, have registered your product and logged in. You will NOT be notified in any way of what’s going on - this is what took me so much time. Checking your firewalls, antivirus software, pop-up blocks, etc WILL NOT help (ignore the idiotic sentence under the download button)

To sum up, I’ve never seen something that stupid and time consuming. I’ll make sure to stay away from your products next time.