Download speed in remote

Hi guys, i need your help. I´ve a my cloud 3tb and some problems with download speed in remote.

when i´m downloading in my local network, i get 50-60mb/s, the problem is in remote because the speed doesn´t exced 500kb/s.

i have a gigabit router, it´s connected with cat5e, gigabit network card and 100mb download and 10 upload.

my cloud is configured with static ip

thanks a lot

Arev22 wrote:

Hi guys, i need your help. I´ve a my cloud 3tb and some problems with download speed in remote.

when i´m downloading in my local network, i get 50-60mb/s, the problem is in remote because the speed doesn´t exced 500kb/s.

i have a gigabit router, it´s connected with cat5e, gigabit network card and 100mb download and 10 upload.

my cloud is configured with static ip

thanks a lot

10 mbps upload gives you a max (perfect deal) 1.250 MBs (mega bytes per second). Let’s say your router has no firewall and all nice and dandy, that leaves where you are connecting from, what is the speed, and how many hoopes and gateways you have to go through and jumps to get to your ISP to allow you to upload.

Remeber, you are uploading from your devices, from the ISP point of view.

HTH

to download 450mb-----45minutes, is it a joke?(with ftth 100mb download; 10mb upload)

i think that the problem is in my cloud, not in my computer

Your units are confusing you.

450 mb should be 450 MB – MegaBYTES, not megabits.

450 megabytes = 3600 megabits.

If you only have 10mb (megabits) per second upload, then you should expect no faster than 6 minutes.  More like 10 in reality due to overhead.

And that’s assuming that you have 100% usage (10 megabits per second) on all links thru the internet from your cloud to wherever you happen to be.

My internet upload speed at home is 40 megabits per second.

Before my company started blocking all cloud services at the firewall, when I download through WD 2go from work (which has 1 gigabit per second of internet connectivity), I averaged about 30 megabits per second, so a 200 megabyte file only takes a few minutes to download.