Download multiple files/ folders?

There used to be a way to do this with in the My Cloud Home at >75 MBps (yes, big B and 692 files) using all freeware and WD Discovery for the desktop.

One still could do something similar with the free Docker for WD MCEX series and the free Tailscale for Docker, that would allow direct desktop to desktop connection with built in Windows Explorer or macOS Finder, but given the readership here, I would imagine that that is not something readers here want to do because everyone wants one line simple - one line simple usually involves complaining and asking somebody else to do it.

I doubt there is any money grab for the little amount that WD is asking for their NAS devices because they are usually the cheapest hardware solution available on the market. A real money grab would be the three big cloud storage companies that charge users up to $600 USD for 10 TB of cloud data storage per year and then scan through their data.

If there was any money grab here, Western Digital, a company in existence longer than Apple Computer and was producing silicon chips for central processors 45 years before Apple, wouldn’t be now forced to sell itself to the Japanese.