Download episode pics on to the WD tv live hub

Hello,

I am new to this site. I wanted to now if it is possible to bownload the episode pics from an tvseries from tvdb and store them on the WD tv live hub. Then make a refrence in the xml file to that folder there the pics are? I ask this because i don’t have internet at home so i don’t get the pics to show. I can’t program my self, I tried it but I couldn’t get it to work. Please help me, tell me what to do or is there a program that does this already.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/Tool-to-scrape-TV-Show-Information-for-the-WDTV-Live-Hub/td-p/125290

I used this tool to get my metadata info but for the backdrops it makes a link to the internet on the tvdb site. So if there is no internet there is no backdrop. Isn’t there something like mediaportal thus to keep a file white all fanart , poster and banners but then in a dir on the hub.

no fanart only goes to the net… must be http… only way to save bandwidth and speed would be to run your own webserver in IIS and host them there then point the script there. Im sure I read they have been tested and it works.

I personally remove all fanart as I think its a waste of everything. waste of bandwidth, lags the hub, makes it hard to read info in front of it and cant see most of the image anyways.

Thx you very much, I think your right don’t want to lag the hub

Drizz when you say you remove fanart is that with the hub getting the info for you or you remove it when you do a moviesheet? If it is while letting the hub get it waht part of the XML file do you edit?

Edit the file called rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

Comment out the following line, as illustrated:

<?xml version=“1.0”?>

<page background="./image/RV-BG.jpg">

<image image=“image/keyboard_mask_bg.png” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” bg=“1” disable="@@disable-thumbnail-bg"/>

<!-- disable background>

<image image="@@preview_rect_image" default_image="@@default_preview_rect_image" x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” textcolor="@@preview_rect_color" keycolor=“1” ignore_keycolor=“1” bg=“1”/>

<disable background–>

<image image=“image/Gallery/video_browse_gallery_overlay.png” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” bg=“1”/>

That will then just show the default background image, which is fairly dark and shouldn’t interfere with reading the text.

Thanks to   TonyPh12345 for these steps.

You can also choose not to grab them in TG Options-MovieSheet Tab-Processing Properties