Double Thumbnail Workaround that WORKS for NETWORK SHARES

i’ve tried it and it works.   i’m running NETWORK SHARES and the latest firmware.  it’s not perfect, but it works if you hit PLAY on the folder.

if you go in the folder, there are still files, but if you hit PLAY, not enter, PLAY on the folder it will play the movie .iso or .mkv etc.  and it will have an image on the folder.

i still like to grab my own images from online, but then i run THUMBGEN ( http://thumbgen.blogspot.com/) and just do the following:

open program > hit “SELECT FILES/FOLDERS” from the right hand side > select what folders you want to fix > select “APPLY FIX FOR THUMBNAILS VIA NETWORK SHARES” in the bottom left hand corner, it’ll ask you to confirm > select YES and KACHOW it’s done.

now go into each folder and you will see a couple extra files etc, but when you turn on your WDTV and view the folders, they will have their attached images that you already had in there, but if you hit PLAY on the remote, it will play the movie file, no need to go into the folder and select the file.

what do you think?  i got this from another forum, so can’t take any credit for it, but thought i would pass it along to all you NETWORK SHARE people on here how were having issues with the thumbnails like is was.

i’ve unplugged my unit and all the images are still there and it still works if you hit PLAY on the folder you want.   the only think i can’t get it to work on is when you have multiple video files inside a folder such as “band of brothes” of anything like that where you have a series of .mkv files or .avi etc.

Thanks for the info.  Hopefully others will read this and be helped.

how do you make it work (play the movie by using the play button) without using that program?

i use region 1 dvd covers for my movies @ 270x640…

what files need to be in the movie folder?

right now i have it like this…

Pearl Harbor

• Pearl Harbor.mp4
  • Pearl Harbor.jpg
  • folder.jpg

when i press “Play”, the Pearl Harbor.jpg gets launched and not the movie…

FuGGer wrote:

how do you make it work (play the movie by using the play button) without using that program?

i use region 1 dvd covers for my movies @ 270x640…

what files need to be in the movie folder?

right now i have it like this…

Pearl Harbor

• Pearl Harbor.mp4
  • Pearl Harbor.jpg
  • folder.jpg

when i press “Play”, the Pearl Harbor.jpg gets launched and not the movie…

you CAN’T get it to work w/out that program.  

if you use the program (free, legal, no crapware, small size, doesn’t run in background, no reason not to ry it) , the jpg has to be under under 70kb, named the same as the folder and iso.  

works for all movies i have so far, except folders with multiple iso’s in it like tv series or band or brothers etc.  it’s just a workaround remember.