Dont start

when im starting my hub , the only thing i can see on my tv screen is the wd logotype , and nothing more happens.

I have tried the resetbutton on the hub but that dosent help.On the remote controll its only the on/off button thats works.

What to do???

As a test connect to your TV via a composite video lead, do you see anything now?

It dosent help.i can still only see the wd logotype on the screen.

Well Im assuming you have just bought it. If not then you should mention what you were doing when this happened.

If its brand new its broken, if its not brand new its still broken.

Sounds a bit blunt, but if you have hard reset it, and can neither get HDMI or Composite its game over.

The problem starts when i downgrade the software.And i have picture on my tv screen but its only the wd log so icant come to the menu anymore , and the hub is not new.

You really need to put this information in the post.

What firmware you were on, what you were downgrading to.

Did power go off when you were downgrading the firmware.

Be careful as some had tried to put the wrong firmware, as in wrong files on their Hub, please provide a link to where you got the files.

The problem starts when i downgrade the software.And i have picture on my tv screen but its only the wd log so icant come to the menu anymore , and the hub is not new.

Sounds like you shelled out money for a bricked WDTV Live Hub… Ebay ?  How much did you pay ?

Previous owner probably bricked it while upgrading Firmware and hocked it online for a cheap price.

JoeySmyth wrote:

Sounds like you shelled out money for a bricked WDTV Live Hub… Ebay ?  How much did you pay ?

Previous owner probably bricked it while upgrading Firmware and hocked it online for a cheap price.

That did cross my mind Joey. But then I thought how could he even attempt to downgrade the firmware if it arrived in this condition.

I think it’s more a case of bricking it whilst playing with the firmware.

@wdtvhub

That did cross my mind Joey. But then I thought how could he even attempt to downgrade the firmware if it arrived in this condition.

I think it’s more a case of bricking it whilst playing with the firmware.

Yes sure, you can ‘attempt’ to downgrade the Firmware…but you should at least ‘see’ the WD Firmware Confirmation Screen to Update Firmware.

but if the unit is ‘bricked’ then it’s terminal.

Previous owner either turned off the mains power in middle of a Firmware Update … or tried to load WDLXTV Firmware.

If it was purchased on Ebay, i’d even check for ‘case tampering’  and investigate to see if the 1TB HDD is still in the case as well. (you know, bricked unit… salvage the hdd and hock it for 60 bucks)

Ok im sorry for the bad information.Its correct that the power goes off when im downgrade the hub.

And im downgrade from the latest firmware to the firmware next before.

That’s what I thought.

Same outcome though, its broken I’m afraid.

Don’t know if WD will help you, you may as well send an email to Tech Support and ask the question.

Wow, maybe I should be plugging mine into a UPS when I do firmware updates. The power goes out here sometimes even on a sunny day.