Does this thing handle bitratrate better than tv live?

I got a wd live tv v3 and limited to 100mbps and its wired in to gigbit router

streaming 1080 mkv with hihger bitrate cause stuttering issues on spots of the movies.

if i lower the bitrate slightly its  fine but lose IQ and too time consuming

I noticed the hub comes with a gigbit lan so my question is does this player handle bitrate better than the standard tv live v3 over network?

The 100 meg interface of the SMP is fine for 1080p MKV.   I have a number of them and haven’t had any stuttering issues like you describe.

A Blu-ray disk, btw, is limitted to ~40 mbit/sec …

lol its not fine at all countless threads discuss this

also want to note it plays from attached storage fine

I think you will find the countless threads are based on wireless streaming.

I stream full blurays too/on this and it does not get higher than that.

The max from a Bluray is about 40 odd, so no issues whatsoever.

minedune wrote:

lol its not fine at all countless threads discuss this

I don’t think that’s true…  At least not with any conclusions that are supportable…

I use the SMP the majority of the time, and I’ve never had any stuttering issues that weren’t related to a firmware bug.  And with the last two or three releases of firmware, I’ve not seen any.

I,m pulling mine off an NAS wired and bluray isos work flawless

I rip my BDs lossless with full bitrate. They play flawlessly from the internal HDD and the USB external drive. When I was on a wired network they also played fine.

1080p MKV are not limited to ~40 mbit/sec …they actually spike frequently.

All the MKV i have are exceed 40 mbit

Anyways i just checked my premethus mkv and the spike “stutter” occurs at 9 megabytes

this is why im getting stuttering just over network its acceding the nics threshhold.

couple examples

Anways i returned it and got a Micca EP600 G2

haha really.

Well I streamed the full bluray from my PC to the Hub with no issues so good luck with that.

minedune wrote:

1080p MKV are not limited to ~40 mbit/sec …they actually spike frequently.

All the MKV i have are exceed 40 mbit

Anyways i just checked my premethus mkv and the spike “stutter” occurs at 98 megabytes

Your rip is badly encoded.

The maximum “Transfer” rate of Video/Audio data for Bluray is 48 megabits per second PER THE STANDARD, and only 40 megabits per second for video.

Besides that, BDs are encoded either using at AVC HP@L4.1 profile or VC-1 AP@L3 profile.

The AVC profile has a published maximum of 62.5 megabits per second.

The VC-1 profile has a published maximum of 45 megabits per second.

There’s no way a legitimate bluray rip has a 90+ megabit per second bit rate, sorry…

So, I guess I’ll rephrase my statement. 

The SMP has no problems playing COMPLIANT full BD rips, but yeah, it may not be able to play incorrectly encoded BDs…