Does the WD TV Live have smart playlists?

I’m not interested if it is limited to static playlists.  Those are too hard to maintain.  I want something that can run filters—preferably constantly.

WillPittenger wrote:

I’m not interested if it is limited to static playlists.  Those are too hard to maintain.  I want something that can run filters—preferably constantly.

No.

WillPittenger wrote:

I use Smart Playlists on my WD all the time, but as Tony said, the WD can not generate them – but iTunes can.  So, I have a “Smart Library” in my iTunes program that culls out the stuff from the master Library I do not want to listen to on the iPod or WD in a random/shuffle format.  So, then I use iTunes DJ to create playlists of 100 random tracks each from my Smart Library.  I copy these playlists to the WD drive’s music folder into a folder called Playlists.  I click on one of these playlists to play it.  Since it only takes a split second to create these and another split second to copy it to the drive, I make five of these playlists at a time.  When I burn through them, I make more.  Not a problem to do this.

I see this was your first post and likely are new here, so search this forum for reference to Smart Playlist and you will likely find other posts I have made regarding this, and my comments about using iTunes to manage the music on my drive that the WD plays.