Does Smart software not backup [Windows installer][setup files]?

Hi,

I have found out that all setup files didn’t back up when I have backed up my data with Smart software.

For instance,

‘msi’ [Windows installer]

Also, .EXE files

So, I am quite afraid of that some of my other data didn’t back up with Smart software and I haven’t found out them yet.

As a result, I think that copying ‘data’ from my internal hard disk  and pasting them ’ into  external My passport hard disk would be too much better than backiing up with the Smart software.  I think this program is not accurate.???

Smartware only backs up select file types like pics,video etc. It does not backup all files. I use sync software to backup my data and make frequent images of the partition with the OS on it. I use Acronis True Image for that and GoodSync for the first. MS also has a free one called SyncToy that might work for you

Joe

Joe_S wrote:

Smartware only backs up select file types like pics,video etc. It does not backup all files. I use sync software to backup my data and make frequent images of the partition with the OS on it. I use Acronis True Image for that and GoodSync for the first. MS also has a free one called SyncToy that might work for you

Joe

Thanks a lot,

Why do always you not understand me ? Is my language not correct?

I am asking that I want a program to back up all my data without any interfering from me.

I am expecting that Smart software doing that

If I wanted to use sync application,  such as Skydive, Dropbox, and googleDrive and so on, I would rather manually copy  all my data from my internal hard disk and paste them into My passport.

I am very  keen to find a program to back up all my data without any interfering from me because I think that  a backup during 'paste and copy ’ wouldn’t  be quite insured to backup all my data. I might  forget some of them.

I am quite upset from this very bad program which calls “Smart software”. It is not even the time I spend to learn  how it uses and the time while it backs up my data.

Could you give me  one advantage for this program (Smart software)

There is also quite bad feature which is while I am opening a file on my internal hard disk to be altered, I don’t see that a file is sync between the internal hard disk and  external ( My Passport.) hard disk. So, Smart software backs up a new file for the same file. As a result, if I want to edit a file or add some formtion to a file, I open it from my External My passport and then after finishing alternation I save it.

But I I have noticed that Smart backs up the setpup files and exe files if they are zipped??? However, it doesn’t backup them if they are not.