Does PR4100 have loud fan? Does Intel CPU have AES-NI?

Is it louder than EX2 Ultra?
Is it ok to disconnect fan?
Does it have hardware encryption?

My experience is the fan is only “loud” when cold booting. It settles back to almost inaudible when the unit is up & running.
Personally, I wouldn’t advise disconnecting the fan. Its there for a reason and also the system may detect a fan failure (disconnection) and cause you other issues!
Can’t help on encryption - Have a read if this thread:

thanks for insight, after pondering pros and cons i will go probably with fanless mini pc running windows server and connect bitlocker encrypted hardrives via usb or sata.
quiet, secure and much cheaper but no cloud access.
wished they sold os5 for windows server

Hello,
I have been getting familiar with my PR 4100 since I replaced my old MyCloud 4 TB NAS. I have done enough research to find out about replacing the RAM to upgrade to 16 GB. I have seen a Youtube Video in regards to a Fan upgrade. I would appreciate if you could advice me on a Fan upgrade in line with the 16 GB RAM upgrade. I have noticed 5V Fans available and 12V Fans. I would like to know if the 12V Fan I have researched would be a good idea. The Fan I have in mind is a Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM chromax.black.swap, Premium Quiet Fan, 4-Pin (120mm, Black). I was reading one of the posts on the PR 4100 Fan and this one is available in 5V and 12V. Please advise me to what I should do.

Thank you
Harminder Singh