does not connect after updating to OS 5

Hello

After a message will arrive to update to OS 5 and proceed with the update, the device does not connect. It has the blue light flashing rapidly. I have reset 5 seconds and 40 seconds removing the cable, but it remains the same

Hola

Después de que llegara un mensaje para actualizar a OS 5 y continuar con la actualización, el dispositivo no se conecta. Tiene la luz azul parpadeando rápidamente. He reseteado 5 segundos y 40 segundos quitando el cable, pero sigue igual

Hi @Welfus,

I understand that the drive LED of a My Cloud is blinking blue and does not go into solid blue LED mode.

Please refer to the following KB article for troubleshooting: My Cloud: Blinking Blue Drive LED

Hello again

Since I upgraded from OS 3 to OS 5 it’s like this. It has been that way for more than a week. I need to get those files back
Thank you

You should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this for live assistance and troubleshooting.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

support.wdc.com

I am passing through the same situation. I don´t know what happened. I tried to connect to My Cloud to access my files and noticed that is it unavailable. Performed 100 resets and nothing changes. The blue led keeps bliking fast. Even tired to connect it directly to my notebook and no access. May be it have upgraded firmware and something gone wrong.

And there is no support on this issue. I searched a lot and nothing to do. It seems my drive is frozen or dear.

Is there a remedy to this problem? After upgrading, The NAS does not respond to pings and the LED blinks blue. It’s Benn like this for 4 days.

Would be nice if someone from WD replied with a link to the solution

WD was hacked.

Their servers have been down for several days. This is a BAD time to do an OS/5 upgrade; as this requires a one time registration (which cannot happen at the moment)

1 Like

Unknowing at the time, I upgraded my OS 5 app on my Android phone. Since the WD servers came back online, I can’t log in either. I finally got my connect in Windows explorer but I can’t log into the phone app. This is what I get trying to log in,

If I try to create an account it says that own or be invited to My Cloud NAS. I can log in at os5.mycloud.com
I’m lost.
Danny

Model: wdbctl0080HWT-10

Observations:

• LED blinking blue for 48+ hours
  • pinned to LAN IP address via router’s DHCP
  • fails to respond to pings
  • fails to respond to ssh login

Questions:

• Has anyone else had a similar problem and found a solution?
  • Is there a Western digital publication that addresses this problem?